OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES:
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not provide customer information to persons or organizations outside our Baldwin Mutual family of companies who are doing business on our behalf, for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services to customers on our behalf to protect the confidentiality of Baldwin Mutual customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information with anyone within Baldwin Mutual family of companies, unless you expressly authorize it, or unless your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We afford prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect and use information we believe is necessary to administer our business, to advise you about our products and services, and to provide you with customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of customer information needed for these purposes, such as those below.
Types of Information we may collect and how we gather it:
- From you, (on application for insurance, banking and investment products, or on other forms, through telephone or in-person interviews, your Baldwin Mutual Agent, and our employees) such as your address and telephone number
- From your transactions with us, such as your payment history, underwriting and claim documents
- From non-Baldwin Mutual companies, such as your claim history
- From consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit history
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use customer information to underwrite your policies, process your claims, ensure proper billing, service your accounts, and offer you other Baldwin Mutual insurance or financial products that we believe may suit your needs.
We share information about our transactions (such as payment of premium) and experiences (such as claims) with you within our Baldwin Mutual family of companies and with Baldwin Mutual agents to better serve you and to assist in meeting your current product and service needs. We may also disclose customer information about you to persons or organizations inside or outside our family of companies as permitted or required by law, including companies that perform marketing services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you today.
We share customer information as necessary to handle your claim and to protect you against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
YOUR CHOICE TO SHARE INFORMATION
There are two types of information sharing -- information sharing within Baldwin Mutual's family of companies and information sharing outside Baldwin Mutual. We do not sell customer information. We do not provide customer information to persons or organizations outside Baldwin Mutual who are doing business on our behalf, for their own marketing purposes. The choice in the Special Notice, which follows applies only to sharing of information within the Baldwin Mutual family of companies and with your Baldwin Mutual Agent.
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING THE SHARING OF CERTAIN INFORMATION WITHIN THE BALDWIN MUTUAL FAMILY OF COMPANIES
This notice applies only to the sharing of information within Baldwin Mutual that does not involve your transactions or experience with us.
WHAT INFORMATION WE SHARE
Unless you tell us not to, we may share information within Baldwin Mutual that was obtained from your application, such as your occupation; or information obtained from a consumer report, such as your credit history. We may also verify information provided by you, such as information regarding your employment, and your employment history.
WHY WE SHARE
We may share information about you within Baldwin Mutual to enhance our service to you, to underwrite your policies, to measure your interest in our products and services, to improve existing products and develop new ones, and to monitor customer trends.
WHO WE SHARE WITH
We may share information within the Baldwin Mutual family of companies and with Baldwin Mutual agents.
If you prefer that we not share this information within Baldwin Mutual, call us at 1-877-943-8526. Your choice will also apply to your joint account holders and/or policyholders.
Your direction not to share this information does not limit Baldwin Mutual from sharing certain information about your transactions with us (such as your name, address, and payment history) or your experiences with us (such as your Baldwin Mutual claim activity). This choice does not apply to our efforts to market products and services to you -- you may receive information about Baldwin Mutual Insurance and financial products that we believe may suit your needs.